Thursday 12 January 2012

Obligatory Introduction Post!

Buses. They feature a lot in my life. I spend at least an hour and a quarter a day commuting to and from work and whenever I want to visit my parents, we’re talking at least four hours each way.  I find its where I do my best thinking. So the time has come to turn that thinking into something productive; something more than just idle thoughts pondered on in an effort to ignore the heat/cold, the rain on the windows and that passenger who just has no concept of personal space.
A brief background about myself, other than my commuting habits: I am an unpublished writer in my late-twenties. I am working on two writing projects at the moment – both fantasy. I write poetry, fiction and occasional non-fictional articles. I’m attempting to study journalism but I’m afraid I’m not very good at it! I’m from Dublin in Ireland (where it rains all the time! Though thankfully not today) and I work in one of those jobs you are glad to have but that aren’t really what you intended to end up in!
I plan to update this twice a week, although as my mother likes to say ominously ‘the best laid plans of mice and men…’  I am hoping to use it as a way to watch my writing style and get some practice at having my writing available for public consumption.  The idea of starting it has proved more daunting than I had thought it would.
So here I am, taking the plunge!
See you on the bus. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment